Monday, May 24, 2010

Follow the Road

I am THRILLED about the prospects for next year's theatrical endeavors.  The spring production for my school is especially exciting.  I have officially decided to stage "Oz!", a fantastic musical adaptation of L. Frank Baum's classic novel.  I have high hopes and great expectations for the rising generation of performers that will make up the cast for this show.  I am also opening this show up to the entire school, including even the youngest students (who else would I get to play munchkins?).  I think this will make the production that much stronger.  We have a lot of talent in our school and I can't wait to get to it.  If you want a sneak peak, you can listen to samples of the songs here.

Now, that doesn't mean the Christmas concert isn't important, too.  I have a lot of cool stuff I'm working on for it, but I'm still working out a lot of details and I'm not ready to reveal anything in that area yet.  I will say, though, that students who have never considered getting involved in the music program before may want to give it some thought.  We're changing our approach to this area and it's a whole new ballgame.  More on that as summer winds down.  Right now, summer is just winding up and I hope everyone enjoys it!  I myself will be going on vacation next week to spend some well-earned time in the pool.  I hope you all have similarly pleasant plans.

Keep checking back for more status reports on my artistic progress--I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment